On 12 December 2014 Ridley Scott’s film ‘Exodus Gods and Kings’ is released. A number of general questions and knowledge questions might arise which you could explore further in a TOK presentation or essay.
Real life example:
- The film Exodus directed by Ridley Scott http://www.exodusgodsandkings.com
- How far do religious knowledge systems depend upon narratives about the past?
- To what extent is the film based on an accurate representation of the biblical story in the book of Exodus?
- To what extent does memory and the retelling of ancient stories give meaning and purpose to followers of religious knowledge systems today?
- In what ways can the arts convey religious ideas and concepts?
- To what extent has the story of the exodus in the Bible inspired liberation movements around the world?
- What are the ethical responsibilities of film directors – how do we know?
The BBC podcast by Rhidian Brook explores various questions further: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02d9c0t
- To what extent is memory a source of knowledge in religious knowledge systems?
- To what extent does evidence and narrative play a role in religious knowledge systems?